Bienvenidos a three day blog. If you've just stumbled your way here or you arrived from a Google search (you know who you are), you may want to visit my about me page....and then subscribe to my RSS feed because, yes---I am that addictive.



Wednesday, July 4, 2007

paint me red, white and blue


There will be no celebrating for me today....
I have a house to paint.
Did I mention that we are in the middle of a heatwave.
Did I also mention that today I am painting alone. Apparently people would rather go to barbecues and be with their families than help some crazy woman paint her
house in 90+ degree weather on the fourth of July. Go figure.

Well I did get the children and myself out of the house for a few minutes today.
We went to Home Depot.

At least they got their face painted. The face painting lady was so nice...she asked me if I wanted my face painted. I politely said no with mental visions of being wheeled away in a straight jacket if I had to come into contact with anymore paint.
I am breathing, eating, smelling, wearing, dreaming paint...my life is consumed with paint.
At Home Depot I bought a doorbell (chrome) and matching front and back door handles with deadbolts also in chrome. Does any one else find it creepy that they are called Deadbolts?

I also bought one of those outdoor hose winder-upper thingies. It is cool because it actually has a little sink on the top. I am loving the idea of the kids washing their hands before they come in. My own outdoor miniature mud room for my minuscule
house (you do what you can).
So I am heading back out with my paint shirt and my white shorty shorts----sorry neighbors---the only things whiter than these shorts are my legs.

My husband is going to be so stinking surprised...if this house painting doesn't kill me first.


p.s. don't forget to check back when I post about my painting angels.

2 comments:

  1. So I am heading back out with my paint shirt and my white shorty shorts----sorry neighbors---the only things whiter than these shorts are my legs.

    Funniest thing I heard all week. And mine are probably paler, but I have an excuse! It's winter here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear, in winter, mine actually go transparent!

    ReplyDelete

from the peanut gallery