Bienvenidos a three day blog. If you've just stumbled your way here or you arrived from a Google search (you know who you are), you may want to visit my about me page....and then subscribe to my RSS feed because, yes---I am that addictive.



Saturday, September 1, 2007

nombres y otras cosas

Whoever it was that said parenting is a serious job, has never read the blog--- Up in the Night.
I found Shauna through hopping from one blog to another blog and, after I stopped laughing, I subscribed via bloglines and have been enjoying her hilariously quirky takes on motherhood ever since. Well I have, lately, been twice honored by her. Firstly she tagged me for a meme and secondly she awarded me a very touching award. I can't tell you how much that I appreciate that. I haven't been writing my own blog for long but I really enjoy it! This lets me know that others, kinda, sorta, enjoy it as well.

Here is one, out of the many that I love, that I think really deserves this:
Linda Wagner over at The Ten Pound Club
---This blog always brings me back to the place I need to be. You would be hard pressed to find a kinder woman. In fact, if she is open to adoption... one can never have too many moms!

Now onto the rules for the meme:

  1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.
  2. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of their middle name. If you don’t have a middle name, use the middle name you would have liked to have had.
  3. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post containing your own middle name game facts.
  4. At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Okay so I know that Shauna had no way of knowing that I have two middle names, one of which is long with an impossible letter----but still...I wonder.....

So here goes:

S-simplicity To know me is to know that I am crazy and late and disorganized but I crave simplicity and I have made some really great advances into this realm lately and am very proud of it
A-appreciative I am deeply appreciative of all that I have. My husband who gave me two gorgeous children, a home and love. And I appreciate God who gave me my life. Now this sounds like the academy awards
R-real I like to be as honest and real as I can to myself and all around me.
A-amiable I try to be as friendly to everyone as I possibly can.
H-hilarious No one else may think that I am funny but I sure get a kick out of myself. (what can I say? I like stupid jokes!)

E-
earnest I don't seek Him as I should or study to show myself an approved workmen like I should. Through all my human ways, though, I earnestly love God.
L-lies & liars My biggest all time pet peeve. I actually despise people who lie. I lose all respect and they seem weak to me. I get that from my dad who shares a similar distaste for dishonest people.
I-interesting Where some people say weirdo and freak, I say pleasantly interesting.
Z-zest Cheesy word, but actually very apt, I think. I have a zest for life that shows especially when my back is against the wall. I look at hard times as an adventure. Something you can pull yourself out of.
A-acumen My husband has said this about me...I'm not making all of this up...you know. I feel that I have some good insight in a lot of things. It really comes in handy when I need to deal with things with my kids and husband. not always mind you but at times I can sit down with them and say exactly what needs to be said to get them to understand.
B-brave While I may not like any kinds of heights, spiders or dark small spaces. I went to meet my in-laws in Mexico city with a 6 month old baby and sans husband (he had to work). We had been married, at that point, for 2 years but I had never gotten to meet the family...and no I really didn't speak very much Spanish and no they didn't speak very much English but I stayed for a month (I have, since that time, spent a combined total of 4 months there and I love it). There are varying degrees of bravery, I think.
E-Edgard Really I am silly about him.
T-together My husband and children and I are stuck like crazy---and I emphasize the word crazy---glue. And I, personally, wouldn't want it any other way.
H-hotheaded I am quicker to anger than I would like, but I am praying about it.

....And that is the most that I will talk directly about myself for a very long time.

So I will not follow rule #4 very closely since it would be cruel to do so, but I will tag two other people. Two sounds like a good compromise between none and 14, right?

1. funny sweet Lady T
2. beautifully honest betzy at her blog: a work in progress

2 comments:

  1. you're not the only one who thinks you're funny...I too get a huge kick out of you! Your writing always puts a smile on my face.

    And I totally agree with your statement about being brave. It must've taken some serious GUTS to go meet your inlaws alone and without knowing the language...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that someone else thinks I am funny...you never know how many times I publish a post only to get the feeling I can hear crickets.

    I think that you have cornered the market on bravery. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

from the peanut gallery