Bienvenidos a three day blog. If you've just stumbled your way here or you arrived from a Google search (you know who you are), you may want to visit my about me page....and then subscribe to my RSS feed because, yes---I am that addictive.



Friday, August 3, 2007

a little indulgence...

Last night, my two friends---I will call them Susie* and Michelle*--- and I went grocery shopping.
All in one car.
All with optimistic attitudes and silly grins on our faces.
The grins were wiped off pretty soon by a super shopper with a bad hip, a pregnant woman, and a fat lady who followed the other two around and just wouldn't shut up.
That was us...by the way.
We started at 8:00 p.m. and didn't leave the store---two FULL grocery carts later---until 10:00 p.m.
We left with a hobbling super shopper, an unbearably whiny pregnant woman and a fat lady who still wouldn't shut up.
So you will forgive me if I went to Shari's and had a buttermilk pancake griddle breakfast.
I finally got home after 12:00 a.m. and tallied up my calories. I didn't do too stinking bad! I only ate bites of everything (and all the pancakes) and for the entire day I basically ate enough calories to maintain a 120 pound woman. What 120 pound woman? I don't know. I think, though, that I did well. Even with my little extra meal....I did well.

*those are their real names...protect them from what? There is no worse thing, than to have me as a friend.

7 comments:

  1. Grocery shopping without kids? Niiiice. Grocery shopping without kids and your gals pals? Priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate grocery shopping with a passion, but I'd take that trip to the grocery store any day of the week. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where the frick do you come up with these pictures!?? YOU made me laugh sooo hard I cried, course, as the "unbearably whiny pregnant woman", I almost peed. That was absolutely the perfect description of the night.Except for any details on the Shari's conversation that is!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. brilliant post, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummmm, pancakes...you can be forgiven a little stack of flap jacks every once in a while :)

    btw, that picture of the giant shopping cart, I NEED that! Can you imagine how quick people would get out of your way and the supermarket if you came barreling down the aisles with that thing!??

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh yeah, and to answer your question, I write 4 stories a day for www.imnotobsessed.com but I'm not allowed to say which ones I've written because the site owner wants people to think that all the stories are done by her, otherwise people complain.

    ReplyDelete

from the peanut gallery