Bienvenidos a three day blog. If you've just stumbled your way here or you arrived from a Google search (you know who you are), you may want to visit my about me page....and then subscribe to my RSS feed because, yes---I am that addictive.



Friday, August 24, 2007

viajeros

We are going camping.

It should be really fun.

I have this image of what camping should be.

I also have a nagging feeling of what it will be.

I will let you know how it went, when we return.

I now leave you with some camping tips I found online in case you decide, in my absence, to go insane camping, as well.

Some Camping Tips

  • When using a public campground, a tuba placed on your picnic table will keep the campsites on either side vacant.

  • Get even with a bear who raided your food bag by kicking his favorite stump apart and eating all the ants.

  • Old socks can be made into high fiber beef jerky by smoking them over an open fire.

  • When smoking a fish, never inhale.

  • A hot rock placed in your sleeping bag will keep your feet warm. A hot enchilada works almost as well, but the cheese sticks between your toes.

  • The best backpacks are named for national parks or mountain ranges. Steer clear of those named for landfills.

  • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

  • Lint from your navel makes a handy fire starter. Warning: Remove lint from navel before applying the match.

  • You can duplicate the warmth of a down-filled bedroll by climbing into a plastic garbage bag with several geese.

  • When camping, always wear a long-sleeved shirt. It gives you something to wipe your nose on.

  • A two-man pup tent does not include two men or a pup.

  • In emergency situations, you can survive in the wilderness by shooting small game with a slingshot made from the elastic waistband of your underwear.

  • The guitar of the noisy teenager at the next campsite makes excellent kindling.

  • Check the washing instructions before purchasing any apparel to be worn camping. Buy only those that read "Beat on a rock in stream."

  • The sight of a bald eagle has thrilled campers for generations. The sight of a bald man, however, does absolutely nothing for the eagle.

  • Bear bells provide an element of safety for hikers in grizzly country. The tricky part is getting them on the bears.

  • You'll never be awakened by the call of a loon if you have an unlisted number.


6 comments:

  1. So good luck this weekend! These "Camping Rules" really are great, and are much closer to the type of camping experiences I have had.... basically why you never hear of us camping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aweseom rules... I love the TUBA one. Such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips. We're going camping this weekend and I'm less than a little excited. (Maybe I'll have to print those rules...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! I'm going camping, too. Should be fun... heh...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just realized that I tagged you for that silly meme (so sorry your middle name is Elizabeth) but I didn't tell you that I also nominated you for the Nice Matters Award (because you and your blog really are nice). Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

from the peanut gallery