People say there are no dumb questions. I submit then for you these brilliant queries. Decide for yourself.
- Are there other types of dogs in Mexico besides chihuahuas? Honestly I didn't think that there were any chihuahuas left. Aren't they all on the arms of drunk bimbos in Hollywood?
- Do they have tea in Mexico?
- How did you get here? A question for Edgard, who answered: "by plane." The person then replied, "no...really, how?"
- Is this your first child? A question put to me several times while I was pregnant with Irene and holding Anthony's hand. I have also been asked, in front of Anthony, if he was mine. I just think that is such a stupid question with all the different families nowadays.
- Are there universities in Mexico? Well not much of one... UNAM is only the second oldest university in all of the Americas---UNMSM in Peru takes the honors, as it was founded on May the 12th of 1551. It is a little embarrassing as they missed the number one spot by a matter of months. UNAM was founded September the 21st of 1551. (¡Feliz Aniversario hoy!) I am sure they have been hanging their head in shame for 456 years.
- Do you guys play music in English? This questioner was extremely astonished to hear this, after Edgard was explaining how classic rock stations in Mexico are better, since they play a vast selection; b sides and the like.
- Is there any kind of transportation in Mexico City? This was asked of me by a former neighbor who, herself, had visited Mazatlan. I asked her if she meant other than burros? I then went on to explain Mexico City's varied types of transport, including its highly impressive metro. I may have left out various aspects of getting around, though.
- Be careful, he may want to marry you for papers. Okay so this wasn't a question, per se, yet it was good enough to include. Although, in retrospect, I realize that he may have married me for convenience rather than love. After he crossed the border on his trusted burro "pepe" he was agonizingly single and could do whatever he wanted. He had no one to spend his hard-earned money or fight with him on his days off. Since our marriage, he has been thrown up on---by the kids, not me---nagged almost to the point of convulsions---by me, not the kids. He has the joy of the famed marital relations, as well. I don't mean in-laws. He, now, has to ask permission to move or breathe. He never had that kind of care and concern when he was a, miserably single, immigrant. I almost feel sorry for him, until I remember he is just using me and the kids as an excuse to go to work every day for the next 33 years. Jack ass. Sorry, Pepe.
- When is cinco de mayo? Can I just say, that I was very drunk at the time? I wasn't, but can I say that I was?
I can't think of any more at the present. I must say, though, most of the blatant stupidity could have been avoided, had the person just thought for one second, before they opened their mouth.
Anyone else want to play along and add the stupid question they have had to deal with? It doesn't have to be on any particular subject. Is it stupid? we will take it. Add it in the comment section.
Now playing: Phil Wickham - Sailing On A Ship