Bienvenidos a three day blog. If you've just stumbled your way here or you arrived from a Google search (you know who you are), you may want to visit my about me page....and then subscribe to my RSS feed because, yes---I am that addictive.



Thursday, April 10, 2008

my turn

I am now aged and decrepit.
Today I turn 30.
I remember after my dad turned thirty, my mom would say that it was harder for him to get drumming jobs because he was too old. I am...now...too old to get drumming jobs. I don't play, but still...there is something that sucks about knowing you are too old to do something.

In actuality I do know how young thirty is. It just will take some getting used to...this knowledge that I sound old to anyone still in their 20's.

Young punks!

My mom got me one of those booklets that showed me what was going on the year I was born. I don't know about you, but my birth year (1978) was a bit hazy to me. She all but ripped the booklet out of my hands and kept saying "oh yeah, do you remember that?" ...no mom, actually I don't remember that...I was to busy processing milk that year. What they really need for those booklets is to go by decades. I needed a do you remember the 80's... That I remember all too plainly. And if I didn't remember them, my mom captured it all on camera for blackmail memories sake.

My dad got me several things...two of which are
silent movies. (Broken Blossoms and City Lights) Do you think he is trying to tell me something? To be fair I had them on my amazon wishlist so no hidden meanings there. I don't know, yet, what Edgard got me but I know that he is taking me to dinner tonight. And my best friend, Susie, decided to shut my incessant, blatantly obvious, hinting up by taking me out to lunch today. I don't know how she happened to think of such a wonderful idea!

So you may have noticed that the last time that I posted was Edgard's birthday. Yes, it is true, our birthdays are exactly one week apart. It is like one long fiesta over here for birthday week.

...some obligatory birthday girl pictures...

My mother's description of me as a newborn was "a chimpanzee with a hangover"...I don't know what she was talking about...I look like an angel....


The first time that Edgard saw this picture when we were dating he started laughing uncontrollably. When he finally caught his breath, he told me he was laughing because I looked just like the character in that old Cher movie...Mask....



...while he was laughing, I was thinking: "yuck it up jackass, our kids are gonna look just like me."



Mask part deux



11 comments:

  1. That was great!! I had forgotten about that baby picture, and I thought the description I gave was "orangutan with a hangover". Then I remembered that was your sister...
    Happy 30th Birthday to my forever young and beautiful daughter!

    Cheffi AKA Muma

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 30 is so NOT old and decrepit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHAH! Ohhh, you always make me laugh so much.... I might actually finish your present and get it to you this weekend....! I'm OLD with you baby! Leaving my 20's was ruff, but I hear it only gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday, my young friend! You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheffi: Thanks mom...I am not sure why Michelle and I have all these little hangups.

    Rachel: I know we aren't old...
    yet...
    at least that is what all the 80 year olds keep telling me.

    Brown eyed Girl: I am not going to hold my breath for the present by the way ;)
    and for the next month you and I are the same age!

    Linda: Thanks so much. I really appreciate your kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't you hear? 30 is the new 20 and 40 is the new 30, thanks to medical science. And that makes me very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feliz Cumpleaños, la infancia termina a los 40 años, sigue adelante.

    Saludos

    ReplyDelete
  8. If 30 is old and decrepit, I am in big trouble!! I think your kid picture is cute and I would have punched any guy in the nose who said I looked like that guy from MASK. He is lucky you married him.:) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete

from the peanut gallery