Bienvenidos a three day blog. If you've just stumbled your way here or you arrived from a Google search (you know who you are), you may want to visit my about me page....and then subscribe to my RSS feed because, yes---I am that addictive.



Wednesday, January 30, 2008

celebrity look-alikes

Last night I watched the movie The Invasion. It is a good remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, if you have a strong stomach. What is with all of the projectile vomiting in movies these days? So as I watched the movie, I was dismayed to realize that Nicole Kidman has obviously succumbed to the Hollywood myth of youth being the only form of beauty. It was obvious even through the digital editing they did to make her look young and glowing....she has had procedures. It is so sad that even the uber-beautiful feel compelled to do this to themselves. What does it mean for the rest of us ordinary folk? Are we just too hideous to live? I am just scared for when these people truly get old. I hate to see what their face will look like after not allowing them to go through the natural aging process. Scary. The other thing that I have noticed and I really truly can't believe that I am the only one, all of these, plastic obsessed, celebrities are starting, in on way or another, to look like each other. They truly are freakish celebrity look- alikes. Especially when they get the eye-lift, collagen, chin/cheek implants, topped off with botox, combo-pack. And there are more plastic faces each time I turn on my television. I feel like I am going crazy. Can they not see they are turning themselves into monsters. Obviously not.




Nicole Kidman


Meg Ryan

Kenny Rogers

Farrah fawcett

Joan Rivers

Bruce Jenner

Mickey Rourke


Melanie Griffith

8 comments:

  1. Yuck.. I am all for a little nip and tuck to help age gracefully.. but some in HOllywood take it much too far!! I am glad for the movie review. I wondered about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. egads! Those are some terrifying pictures. You're so right that everyone looks alike...I get so bored about reading and writing about the same old celebrities all the time that are all clones of each other and see to have no distinguishing features. And then I write about someone like Mandy Moore, who hasn't succumbed to Hollywood, size zero, blond, fake boobs standards...and I get hate comments because people think she's fat! INSANITY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forget the strong stomach needed for that movie...you need a strong stomach to look at those pictures...

    Oy!

    Bradley
    The Egel Nest

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! From a soon-to-be fifty-nine year old, "What are they thinking?!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rachel: exactly...a LITTLE nip and tuck...it is just that these people seem to have no meter for what is enough.

    Mamacita K: The frustrating thing for me is think about all these women that are abnormal weight, have had a nose job or eye work or something else and then our husbands or boyfriends look at these hot girls and they look amazingly beautiful then they have to come home and look at us...in all of our hideous naturalness...I cannot compete with plastic and I won't ever compete against anorexia. Even if I could ;)

    Bradley: I know...isn't it creepy???

    Linda: I bet it is a matter of pride for you that you can receive compliments at 58 and know that you are just what God made you, no plastic surgeon can take credit. I want to be able to know that, too.
    When is your b-day, by the way, if I can ask.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicole has always maintained that she has never had any work done.

    Maybe she just has good genes? Or obsessed over skin care. Who knows. I'd like to believe she's being honest. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ya, they do look horrible. Sadly, I think the men look the worst. Men have the benefit of society that they actually continue to look good with age. When I saw Kenny Rogers on some show, I hardly recognized him. He looked that different to me. Don't even get me started on Joan Rivers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Monique: I bet Nicole didn't have work for a long time...So she was probably telling the truth...but in that movie (the invasion) it is sadly evident. I think that she would aged gracefully and beautifully without all that. (by the way...totally loving your blog layout!)

    Gustogirl: It is really evident with the side by side of Kenny R. how much character he has taken out of his face. Al that I have to say is George Clooney better not get any work done...or I will never speak to him again.
    ...and yes...there are no words for Joan Rivers

    ReplyDelete

from the peanut gallery